Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mugging for the Camera

Toronto still remains a thrifty vintage ghost town, but I managed to find these swell Termocrisa bowls at my gloomy local Value Village. They cost $1.99 each. From my scant, Yahoo research, I can tell you that Termocrisa was Fire King made in Mexico. I suspect this happened before the whole NAFTA way of doing business took over. I like the tulips and gingham combo.
I know, this looks like the kind of souvenir mug you'd give your grandpappy. I had a massive Mexican mug that I loved, but the handle had a hairline crack and I knew that one morning, I'd end up with a hot mug of coffee on my lap as I was about to rush out the door. For this reason, I reluctantly retired it. Today, I was determined to find the biggest mug that didn't have a corny message on it - "Mom's make cherished memories" or "Brandi's Mug." I've actually been to Fort Henry a couple of times. I'm glad they included their goat mascot.

I hope to find some new fabulous finds soon. Short of hitting an antique store, I'm doing all that's humanly possible. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Love those bowls! So cute with the green gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute bowls! I think I have the mugs in the store....not sure!

    Western Quebec has been like the Sahara of thrifting!

    By the way, I spent about 6 months away from Shopper's after I left, especially after I learned that people were pissed because I never said goodbye (hello they never talked to me!). Now the same 2 cashiers ask me if I found a job and I always say yes. Funny how people don't listen!

    As much as I like the company where I currently work, my group is really weird, full of hard core judgemental italian ladies, it is hard at times but I,m hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two of the same in orange - they're the greatest little bowls!! They're on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bowls. Good find. Oh and I know what you mean about a thrifting ghost town. It's the same here - boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.