Sunday, May 30, 2010

Song of the Week: More Pathetic Nostalgia

Alright, the song's not called "More Pathetic Nostalgia," but rather "Cuts You Up" by Peter Murphy. When I was a teenager, I was madly in love with Murphy. He played in a "goth rock" group called Bauhaus, but they were actually a very good band. Murphy went solo and I bought his first three records and thought they were great. Every guy I dated as a teen (not that there were tons, but a modest handful), seemed to sense that I rather wanted to be with Mr. Cheekbones. Because of this, I was subjected to a constant barrage of cruel jokes no doubt masking inferiority.

This song is actually pretty catchy and Peter looks great with blonde hair. I think he's bald now. Sigh.
Speaking of cheeky video memories from the eighties, check out The Damned's "Elouise."
I may be alone in my assessment, but I can't help but find Dave Vanian (the singer) at 2:45-2:46 curiously attractive when he raises one eyebrow. Yes, I have too much time on my hands right now. I should be marking or in bed, or in bed marking. Agggh!
Have a great week.
Erin
Here's the guy that inspired Johnny Depp's look in Sweeney Todd. Rrrrrrow!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I just love this song! I'm telling you girl we must have the same age! And the Pyrexia...could we be long lost sisters? lol

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.