Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Walked a Hundred Miles For Pyrex Style

New teachers are entitled to professional development days, so today I went out to Scarborough to watch a brilliant Primary teacher in action. Lot's of great ideas. If you're into this kind of thing, stay tuned to my parent/teacher blog, the Foolscap Flyer. My bus wasn't coming fast enough, so I walked most of the way to Kennedy Station coming home. Wouldn't you know it, the Goodwill at Brimley and Eglinton was right there. Here's what I found:
Elegant white medium-sized Pyrex mixing bowl ($4.99) and matching bowl with spout ($3.99).
Pop Shoppe glasses (.69 each). I don't think the Pop Shoppe still exists, but when I was a kid, this was the store to go to for buying pop. I don't think my family actually shopped there.

Cocktail shaker $2.99 - mint condition.

8 comments:

  1. My grandma had those pyrex bowls. They were part of her Mixmaster set.

    Maybe the Pop Shoppe stores don't exist anymore but I bought some Pop Shoppe pop from Zellers a couple of weeks ago...

    My SO would so kill for that cocktail shaker! It is in great condition! Congrats!

    Looks like I won't be trifting 2morrow 'coz I have a big ol' flu...rats! Did you read my comment on Alta Moda?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cocktail shaker is fabulous!! Haven't had any thrifting excursions worth writing about lately. Nice to live vicariously through yours and others. Flea market season starts soon though & I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful the way that worked out for you just happening to walk by the Goodwill (wink wink). Love the bowls, I think we have a set that goes with one of our mixers. Love that cocktail shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all, that cocktail shaker is especially fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wrote this post super fast (husband tapping foot: "We've gotta go..." I originally wrote that the Goodwill were right there. I think this teacher needs the strap. The Goodwill was right there.
    Sentence corrected!
    Thanks for the comments,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonlipi,
    Sorry, I did mean to comment on your comment. I read your remark about Alta Moda when I was at work and it made me very happy. I think we must be around the same age and we both spent too much time watching MuchMusic in the eighties. At least something good came of it. I'm glad I solved your musical mystery.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great finds! Love the glasses and the shaker especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, walking is good for you! I have my great grandma's Mixmaster Pyrex set. The mixmaster bit it though. They're Hubby's favorite mixing bowls. Good boy!

    Come on over and see what I thrifted yesterday. You will be so proud of me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.