Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So Not Dead

Welcome Lambaround and Sir Thrift-a-lot and thanks for following this crazy blog of mine. It's like I've got over 40 friends - way more than I have in "real" life.

In my last post, I put beloved 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney in an early grave. He is still alive. That old stopwatch is still ticking. He is in his nineties. Well done!
www.bizzia.com/bizlevity/files/2009/06/1-andy-rooney-zp.jpg
I'm always shocked by those year end lists when I hear about celebrities who died during the previous year and I never heard about it. Conversely, there are some celebrities that I'm sure are dead, but they may actually be alive.

Here's my list of people who seem like they should be dead. Maybe some of them are.

  • Phyllis Diller
  • Ruth Buzzi
  • Lane Stanley/Scott Weiland
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Rita Moreno
  • Ann B. Davis (Alice from The Brady Bunch)
  • Al from Happy Days
  • Farley Mowat
  • Wavy Gravy
  • Sonny Rollins
  • Gavin MacLeod (from The Love Boat)
  • Bobcat Goldthwait
If you want to see who's dead or alive - check your names at http://www.whosaliveandwhosdead.com I didn't check the names above, but I suspect they're all alive, if not kicking.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I am adding this website to my favorites. My husband and I always ask each other if so and so is still alive. This will be easier when I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihihihi! You are funny! Gavin and Bobcat are still alive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonlipi - you know your dead/alive eighties comics. I always mixed up Sam Kinison with Bobcat. Hmmm. Maybe I should do another post of people that are essentially the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot about Bob Barker and Dick Clark. Now there are 2 people that SHOULD be dead!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a slightly off-beat Toronto-area teacher who enjoys writing and photography. I come from a family of collectors and now I'm dragging my own family around to yard sales. It's just a bit of fun. Enjoy the scenes.